Project Engineer - help us create a more sustainable world through aquaculture
Do you want to use your engineering skills working with a market leader within land-based, sustainable fish farming? And do you want to use your technical know-how and decision-making skills to play a vital role in designing our core Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS) as well as auxiliary systems like pH-regulation and energy centrals?
"If you want to leave your mark on a growing industry just as it is about to take off, this is truly your chance," says Team Leader Thomas Lang.
Welcome to Billund Aquaculture
We are specialised in design, implementation, start-up and servicing of RAS. With over 140 successfully executed projects in more than 30 countries, we are truly on the rise.
We have grown to serve the biggest multinational companies in the industry, which means that we see increased demands for size, automation and documentation. This also increases the technical complexity of our farms, keeping our engineering positions ever challenging.
We change things for the better
We support 12 out of the 17 UN sustainability goals, as our RAS create food for the growing world population, spare precious marine environments and save CO2 by enabling more fish to be farmed locally without the need of aerial transport.
Play a central role in the development of our future RAS
You will be assigned to one of our projects and become involved in all stages, from concept development to implementation and construction of our systems. Usually, you will work on 1 or 2 projects at a time while also handling internal ad hoc engineering tasks.
You will among other things spend your time:
· Using your skills within calculation and mechanical design to contribute to concept development, design, dimensioning, implementation and construction of our upcoming RAS
· Ensuring that drawings by our technical designers correspond with your own thoughts and calculations
· Collaborating with colleagues with different professional backgrounds from all over our organisation, ranging from sales staff to engineers and production crew
· Coordinating and keeping in touch with external suppliers, subcontractors and customers as the project evolves
Join a dedicated, international team
You will join a team consisting of 7 other project engineers with different nationalities and a team leader. Here, we share an enthusiastic buzz of energy as we are involved in projects that continuously grow in scope and complexity.
"We are still working to standardise our processes, so you get the chance to make an impact on how we will work in the future," Thomas continues.
You are an organised and driven engineer
You have a proactive approach to gathering the knowledge you need, and the ability to keep an overview. We also imagine that you:
· Have a background as a mechanical, marine or process engineer
· Have experience working with fluids and gasses, and thereby knowledge about flow calculations, pumps, valves etc. - this could be from the water treatment or processing industry
· Speak and write English fluently
Are you ready to take the bait?
Then send us your application by using the form below. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis, so please do not hesitate to apply.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are more than welcome to contact team leader Thomas Lang on email@example.com, or by calling him on either
+45 76 51 97 06 or +45 61 42 19 03.